My first book, ‘Convergence’ is nearing its first birthday – one whole year out in the world! It’s book one in a brand spanking new Australian speculative fiction trilogy, Kindred Ties. Thank you so much to everyone who has read and loved ‘Convergence’; your feedback has been incredible. If you haven’t read it yet, here are five reasons you should consider giving it a go:
1. Think Avatar the Last Airbender with an environmental and scientific bent: evolutionary genetics, mitochondrial gene mutations, electromagnetic energy and more. The main characters are a group of teenagers with the ability to communicate with animals, which is SUPER RAD. They’re part of an ancient reincarnation cycle designed to keep the Earth in balance.
2. Strong female and diverse characters, including kick-ass LGBTQIA+ scientists very close to my heart.
3. It’s young adult, but the story follows two sets of main characters – teenagers with the ability to communicate with animals, and a group of scientists in their early twenties who are thrown together after discovering their work has been co-opted by a dangerous international institution. There’s something for everyone, no matter how old you are. BOOM.
4. It explores the idea of the energy around us – like the force – and our place in the natural world.
5. Read it before Book 2, ‘Emergence’, is released! It’s coming REAL soon (May 2018).